The president of Ferman Enterprises Ltd., Angela Ferman, is considering the impact that certain transactions have on the company?s receivables turnover and average collection period ratios. Prior to the following transactions, Ferman?s receivables turnover was 6 times, and its average collection period was 61 days.
1. Recorded sales on account $100,000.
2. Collected $25,000 owing from customers.
3. Wrote off a $2,500 account from a customer as uncollectible (Uses allowance method.)
4. Recorded sales returns of $1,500 and credited the customers? accounts.
5. Recorded bad debts expense for the year $7,500, using the allowance method.
(a) Complete the table, indicating whether each transaction will increase (I), decrease (D), or have no effect (NE) on the ratios.
(b) Angela was reading through the financial statements for some publicly traded companies and noticed that they had recorded a loss on sale of receivables. She would like you to explain why companies sell theirreceivables.
About this question:
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card. All your purchases are securely protected by .